Friday, September 24, 2010

Suzanne Collins Book Signing!

If anything inspires me to write, more than my sheer will to write, it is book signings. I love standing in line, or in the crowd, and hear everyone talking about their interpretation of the authors book and what 'Team' they are on. (BTW Suzanne Collins said I was the first Team Haymitch! Squee)

The event was well planned and Suzanne Collins was awesome! It was a great turnout and just when you though it couldn't get any more awesome...they gave out free cookies. Oh and Katniss Everdeen sounds very different in my head than the way Mrs. Collins read her, but that is the beauty of the written word! Every person crates the character in their own light.

I love talking to people about their favorite part of the story, because everyone has a different opinion. The idea that maybe (if I'm lucky), one day people will talk about something I've written and debate over their favorite parts and characters completely blows my mind.

I write to tell stories and the idea of actual people (moms don't count. sorry moma) reading and liking my work is enough to get my ass out of bed at 5:30 this morning and plug out 500 words before work. For those who come across this blog that don't know me...I am NOT a morning person by any means. If I wake up before 7am on a work day or 9am on a weekend, the house better be on fire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment