Thursday, December 29, 2011

Dear 2012,


Before I begin, I would like to apologize for not properly celebrating your introduction. Instead of the usual alcohol infused night, followed by an aspirin infused first of the year, you will be welcomed by my husband and I as we snuggle on our couch with a baby in bed, a glass of wine and a kiss at midnight.

Onward, I have steep goals for you my friend. Believe it or not, none of them involve losing weight, as was a resolution to most of your predecessors. I have several goals and resolutions I would like to discuss. I understand that some of them are not very likely to happen with you, but being a published author is a life goal of mine and not just designated to the confines of your 12 months.

My goals and resolutions are as follows:

Resolutions:
1) To attend as many family 'child' birthday parties as I am able
2) To take my dog for more walks
3) To Make lunches for work at least 3 days a work week for both me and the husband
4) Start saving money for emergencies
5) Read at least one book to my daughter every day

Goals:
1) Finish my YA SciFi manuscript by May. (It is currently 1/3rd of the way finished.)
2) Have aforementioned manuscript submission-ready by July.
3) Write a Query
4) Write a Synopses
5) Start submitting to agents by August.
6) Have a rejection
7) Have a partial request
8) Have a full request
9) Have an offer of representation
10) Accept an offer of representation
11) Read a minimum of 25 books
12) Go camping (at least once)

I don't usually go into a new year with such high hopes, as the past few years have been agonizing to say the least. 2011 changed my life forever, with the birth of my daughter, and I am determined to make you continue that trend. I will not only celebrate my daughters first birthday with you but also my 10 year 'total anniversary' with my husband.

Needless to say, you will be a big year regardless of my completion of these goals and resolutions, but why not make this year the best it can be?

Here's to me, you, my copy of 2012 Writers Market, and our journey that will start in a few short days.


(total anniversary is the total length of time I have been with my husband, from the very beginning of our relationship.)

1 comments:

Ruth said...

Excellent goals! I hope you attain them all.

Post a Comment